Working Press Registration
The ASCB and EMBO welcome all working press to cover the largest yearly meeting of research cell biologists in the world. This year, we are in San Diego, CA, USA at the San Diego Convention Center from December 8-12. To register for working press credentials and to get access to all ASCB press materials, please visit the Registration Area’s Attendee Services Counter in Lobby D of the San Diego Convention Center.
In San Diego, the ASCB can help you get your story, whether you’re in town or working from afar. We can help set up interviews with scientific newsmakers at the meeting and find researchers who might be able to comment on new research.
Press Registration in San Diego, CA
Online Working Press registration will close shortly before the meeting. Walk-up Working Press registration; however, will be available starting December 8 in San Diego at the ASCB Meeting Management Office for those with professional identification.
Who Is Working Press?
- Working as a:
• Reporter, editor, writer, publisher
• Editorial or news cartoonist or artist
• News photographer or videographer
• Producer, president or general manager
• Librarian, web master or other editorial employee
- For a publication, news service, broadcast outlet or Internet site that is:
• Regularly issued
• Supported by advertising or paid subscriptions or published or funded by a non-profit organization
• Operated with editorial independence from any political, governmental, commercial, or special interest group
• Not a house organ of any organization or movement
• Published primarily for the dissemination of news
Note: Academics or researchers who serve as journal editors should register as regular members of the Society. Publishers, business, or sales representatives are welcome to register as regular nonmembers. Professional, financial, or technology analysts should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working Press at the meeting must have both personal and professional identification. Professional identification might include:
- Current members of the National Association of Science Writers, International Science Writers Association, or Canadian Science Writers Association, American Medical Writers Association, Society for Environmental Journalists, World Federation of Science Journalists, Association of Health Care Journalists, and Council for the Advancement and Support of Education can use their membership cards as professional identification
- An official “press” card
- A PIO badge or other identification from a nonprofit research institution
- A media business card, or an assignment letter from an editor or news producer who can be contacted
Kevin Wilson, ASCB Director of Public Policy & Media Relations
Mary Spiro, ASCB Science Writer & Social Media Manager