- Meeting Home
- General Info
- Hotel and Travel
Poster Presentation Guidelines and Uploading Information
Poster Presentation Guidelines and Uploading Information
Upload your Poster for Online Viewing During the Meeting (Optional)
To increase visibility of your research, you have the option to upload an electronic version of your poster to a password-protected website. These posters will only be available for viewing by registered 2018 ASCB|EMBO meeting attendees from Thursday, December 6 through Wednesday, December 12. We will provide the website URL and upload instructions via email in early November. You can add a watermark to your posters prior to upload. All uploaded files will be erased from our servers on December 13.
Attendees will be able to contact you with questions or comments about your research via email but they will not see your email address.
Poster Presentation Information and Dates
All posters will be displayed and presented in the Learning Center. Abstracts scheduled for presentation in poster sessions will be grouped by topic, assigned a program and board number, and will appear in the Poster Guide. Regular and late abstracts will be available online on or around November 16. For purposes of citation they are considered to be a supplement to the December 15, 2018 issue of Molecular Biology of the Cell Journal. Click here for more information on Abstract Publication and Citation.
Please refer to the table below for set-up, tear-down, and presentation dates/times for posters:
|Presentation Day||Set-Up Day/Time||Odd-Numbered Presentation Time||Even-Numbered Presentation Time||Tear-Down Day/Time|
|Sun. Dec. 9||Sat: 5:30 pm-8:00 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Sun: 5:30 pm-6:00 pm|
|Mon. Dec. 10||Sun: 6:00 pm-6:30 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Mon: 5:30 pm-6:00 pm|
|Tues. Dec. 11||Mon: 6:00 pm-6:30 pm||12:00 pm-1:30 pm||1:30 pm-3:00 pm||Tues: 3:00 pm-4:00 pm**|
If you are presenting on Tuesday and you wish to keep your poster, you must remove your poster no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 11. After 4:00 pm on Tuesday, December 11, no attendees will be admitted in to the Learning Center. This is for your own safety as the Learning Center is being dismantled.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Ensure your poster is placed on the assigned poster board for the duration of your assigned poster session (the full period above). If you are unable to set up your poster the evening before your session, please put it up as soon as you can on the morning before your session. In case of emergency, poster presenters who are unable to present should contact the ASCB at email@example.com to notify us.
- Stand at your poster during your assigned 90-minute presentation time. Odd board numbers present from 12:00-1:30 pm. Even board numbers present from 1:30-3:00 pm. The notification email sent in early November, indicating the poster session assignment, program number, board number, and time of presentation, will contain this information.
- The organizers are not responsible for any posters that are not removed at the designated time. Posters left in the Learning Center after that time may be discarded.
- Poster presenters should not leave any items unattended at their poster board, including poster tubes, meeting bags, 2018 ASCB/EMBO Meeting Programs, personal items, luggage, etc. The ASCB and/or EMBO are not responsible for any items left in the Learning Center.
Poster Board Specifications
The poster board surface area is 3’8″ (1.1 m) high by 6′ (1.828 m) wide. The suggested poster size is 42″ high by 66″ wide. To prepare your poster, we recommend you follow these guidelines (if you wish to organize your poster differently, you are welcome to do so, but please make sure all of these elements appear somewhere on the poster board):
- Create a label for the top of the poster, indicating the assigned program number of the abstract, its title, and all authors. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1″ (2.5 cm) high.
- Place a copy of the abstract, in large type, in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- Ensure illustrations including charts and graphs, can be read from a distance of three feet or more.
- All text should be printed in a font large enough to be read comfortably from a distance of four to five feet (1.5 m).
- Remember to bring thumbtacks, pushpins, or velcro.
The ASCB will have a poster printing service available so you can order your poster and pick it up in the Registration Area, Lobby D, of the San Diego Convention Center. Information will be available in the late summer and a link will be emailed with your notification email.
Information About Final Abstract Submission (Submitted by October 10)
Abstracts submitted for the Final abstracts deadline will be grouped with the regular abstracts and share the same set-up, tear-down, and presentation times as the regular abstracts. All accepted abstracts, including final abstracts, will be searchable online. In addition, all abstracts will appear in the Poster Guide.
- Abstract Home Page
- Fees and Deadlines
- Submission Guidelines
- Submission Instructions (Step-by-Step)
- Notification Dates
- Abstract-Based Presentation Options
- Submission Topics
- Publication and Citation
- Editing and Withdrawing
- Int’l Expedited Abstract Review
- Poster Presentation Guidelines/Uploading
- Poster Printing Service
- Speaker Presentation Guidelines
(separate registration required)
Attend the 2018 Doorstep Meeting: Beyond Homeostasis: Stem Cells Under Stress on Saturday, December 8 from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm and attend the Keynote by Sean Morrison immediately following. The daylong meeting will provide an overview of stem cell biology as it pertains to cell biology research and tissue regeneration, illustrate how studies of the cell provide insights into stem cell research, and encourage stem cell researchers to consider cell biology in their research. Click here for more information or to register. Meeting limited to 200 people.